At Success Focus we use student’s academic work as a springboard to enable students to organise, plan prioritize, manage time, maintain focus, assess and study efficiently. We customize our approach to each child depending upon their attitude and habits.
Our students come from private and public schools, primary schools, high schools and colleges. Some have been diagnosed with ADHD or other learning difficulties and see coaching as a refreshing additional support to school based interventions. Some o our students even have emotional challenges such as anxiety, which impacts on their ability to work effectively, while others have no formal diagnosis. Whatever their background all our students benefit from better work habits and work more efficiently after attending our student coaching sessions.
We advise student coaching for students from grade 8 to 12. We advise younger students on how to realise their full potential by coaching them on:
- Which courses to take in high school , so as to be fully engaged and challenged academically, but not overwhelmed
- Which extra-curricular activities to focus on, since it’s important to pursue a few activities seriously
- When to start preparing for tests and examinations
- How to best spend school holidays before grade 9 through to grade 12 (academic programs, test prep, courses, jobs and volunteering) in order to maximize their potential.
The earlier a student and his/her parents have an opportunity to discuss how the student can make the most of the opportunities in high school, focusing on what is in the student’s best interest holistically, the more fulfilling the student’s high school experience will be and the more successful the student will be in his/her college years and in his career.
How to get started with a student Coach?
- By e-mail or phone call. We discuss your situation and how our coaching services may benefit you. If it seems you are a good fit for our coaching services and you want to proceed we can schedule an intake session.
- Intake session. You meet with a coach in person to learn more about the coaching process and share the details of your situation. We define some realistic expectations both short and long term. We identify the areas of your life that you want to improve on.
- We meet in person once a week and work together to create and identify your goals thereafter you take action to achieve those goals. Our students are accountable to our coaches which include whatsapp messages, emails, or phone calls during the week to provide meaningful updates from you to your coach.